The world is smart. Smart watches. Smart phones. Smart homes.
As the smart tech revolution grows, senior living operators are increasingly incorporating this technology on a device-by-device basis to improve specific aspects of the care and living experience. These items include fall detection systems, thermostats, lights and even calendars.
What’s coming next is the culmination of all of this development: not smart tech in senior living, but smart senior living. Period.
In this report, we reveal how innovative senior living providers are pivoting toward smart homes to deliver their value propositions. Senior living residents have the same questions they’ve always had — they want to know how operators will keep them safe, happy and independent.
With smart homes in senior living, the answers to these questions have never been more exciting.
- How smart home technology is becoming the foundation of senior living environments
- The uses and capabilities of everyday residential items made “smart,” including beds, lights, thermostats, locks and refrigerators
- The smart home layout of Masonic Villages’ IQ Homes, complete with their blueprints
- Lessons from Lennar Corporation, the biggest homebuilder in the U.S. and the first company to receive Wi-Fi Certification for a full environment, not just one device
- A big-picture examination of the moves that Amazon, Best Buy, Google and other tech giants are making to capture the senior dollar
- How a smart home can enhance a resident’s life, assist caregivers and staff, improve operations and even become a caregiver itself
- And much more!